Hey Dragons. This is Mr. Strother, with a few updates regarding meals and instructional packets.
Many thanks to our students, families, and staff for the great work you are doing with remote learning!
Spring Break is still happening as originally planned. There will be no remote learning beginning Friday, April 10th through Friday, April 17th. Remote learning will resume on Monday, April 20th.
Buses will deliver lunch tomorrow as usual, however buses will not deliver on Friday, April 10th or next week during Spring Break. Tomorrow (Thursday, April 9) we will distribute a week's worth of meals for students to enjoy during spring break. These meals must be picked up at the school between 1:30 and 3:00 pm.
The process for pick-up will go as follows:
- Cars will enter the entrance of the bus parking lot which is the driveway closest to the gym.
- Pull-up to the table that is setup behind the activity bus and beside the cafeteria.
- Roll down your window and let the attendants know how many meals you need. Please remain in your car.
- Pop your trunk or unlock your backdoor so the attendant can place the meals in your vehicle without direct contact with you.
- Once meals have been provided, exit through bus lot exit.
For students who do not have access to online learning, new student learning packets are available now. Packets will be delivered by buses during lunch delivery or you can choose to pick them up from your student’s school between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm each day. These new packets are for students to work on after spring break.
Completed packets may also be turned in on buses at meal delivery or at school sites.
If you have any questions about meals or learning packet distribution, please call our school closure hotline at 252-641-2609.
We hope our students, families, and staff members will relax and enjoy time with each other over the spring break! Thank you for your support and have a great evening! Stay safe, stay strong, and stay connected!